A $500 retainer is required by the second prenatal visit, or when contracts are signed. The full fee is due at 36 weeks of pregnancy, unless a different arrangement has been made.
You may arrange your own payment schedule by discussing your plan with the midwife. We try to be flexible with these arrangements, and hope to be able to come up with a plan that works well for all of us. Our care is unique in that it is individualized and personal, requiring a good bit of time!
Fees cover the following services:
- Prenatal Care- Regular prenatal visits, each approximately one hour long. Visits are monthly until 28-30 weeks; twice monthly until 36 weeks; then weekly until birth. Prenatal care includes nutritional counseling, basic in-house lab work (urine testing and hemoglobin checks), monitoring health of mother and baby, education and preparation for birth at home.
- Use of books and other educational resources.
- Availability by phone and email throughout pregnancy.
- 24-hr on-call service from 37 weeks until birth.
- At least one trained assistant to help at your birth
- Care during labor and birth.
- Immediate postpartum and newborn care.
- Postpartum visits in your home as needed.
- Follow-up postpartum office visit at six weeks to finalize care.
Payment by Pay Pal is available with an additional processing fee.